The Section of Environmental Sociology was established in 2017, based on the growing interest in the social aspects of the environment, nature and energy among Polish sociologists. The aim of the Section is to integrate social scientists investigating relationships between society and the environment and exploring the social nature of environmental problems. The section aims to contribute to the development of environmental sociology both in Poland and in the wider European and international context.
- Providing space for constructive and friendly discussions on ideas, research and theories for researchers interested in the social aspects of environment.
- Creating a platform for exchanging information about current and planned research in order to facilitate identification of research gaps, overlapping themes and the potential for synergy.
- Encouraging teaming up for joint research projects.
- Improving access to information on current environmental sociology research, calls for papers, special issues, calls for project proposals, etc.
- Promoting environmental sociology through organizing sessions and symposia during Polish and international conferences for sociologists.
- Organization of mid-term conferences (in years between the biannual Polish Sociological Association Conferences), with the aim of reaching international audience in the next years.
- Maintenance of an internet web page of the Section.
- Publishing Section’s bulletin 2-3 times a year.
- Cooperation with similar associations abroad.
The Board of the Section:
Chairman: Piotr Matczak, Institute of Sociology, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan,
Vice-chairman: Krzysztof Niedziałkowski, Institute of Philosophy and Sociology, Polish Academy of Sciences
Secretary: Joanna Tusznio, Institute of Environmental Sciences, Jagiellonian University
Internet web page: https://socjologiasrodowiska.wordpress.com/