The Wrocław Department of the Polish Sociological Association was established in 1963. It reached around 60 members in the years 1968-1970; the number oscillating between 50 and 85 members over years. The Branch was initially organised by sociologists employed at the Sociology Research Unit (Katedra) at the University of Wrocław. The core event in the first 20 years of the existence of the Wrocław Branch was the organisation of the 7th Congress of Polish Sociologists in 17-20.09.1986. In 1988 the Branch started its continuous cooperation with the newly established Institute of Sociology at the University of Wrocław. During over 40 years of its history, the Branch organised and co-organised over 300 lectures and over 30 conferences. In the early years, the most important fields of its activity included sociological theory, the sociology of culture, urban and rural sociology and the sociology of work and industry. In the 1990s and 2000s, these traditional fields of interests were supplemented by the sociology of system transformation and communication studies and, more recently, by the sociology of education, the military sociology and the sociology of borderlands.
The main direction of the most recent development of the Branch – to be continued in the next years – relies on strengthening international cooperation and exchange by the organisation of international conferences, workshops and lectures. Our goal is to serve the local community of sociology students and scholars by providing an user-friendly venue to present original research of local and international scope, as well as by promoting their professional interests and offering tools to cope with new challenges in the increasingly competitive world of academia. The main activity of the Department is the organization of meetings during which various sociological topics are discussed. For more information, please visit our website at https://ptswroclaw.uni.wroc.pl and FB profile PTS O/Wrocław.
On 11–14 September 2019 the 17th Polish Sociological Congress took place. It was co-organized by our Branch, the Board of the Polish Sociological Association and the Institute of Sociology, University of Wrocław.
Contact: Polish Sociological Association, Wrocław Department, ul. Koszarowa 3, 51-149 Wrocław, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Board Members elected in 2021:
- dr Justyna Kajta – chair (email@example.com)
- dr hab. Katarzyna Kajdanek, prof. UWr (vice-chair) firstname.lastname@example.org
- mgr Szymon Pilch (vice-chair) email@example.com
- dr Olga Nowaczyk (member of the Board) firstname.lastname@example.org
- dr Marcin Starnawski (member of the Board) email@example.com
- dr hab. Natalia Niedźwiecka-Iwańczak (treasurer) firstname.lastname@example.org
- mgr Aleksandra Drabina-Różewicz (secretary) email@example.com
- SocjoPercepcja vol. 24 2 March 2022
- SocjoPercepcja w grudniu! 9 December 2021
- SocjoPercepcja vol. 21 pt. W imię religii, narodu czy własnych interesów? O motywacjach i tożsamości polskich nacjonalistów 5 November 2021
- SocjoPercepcja pt. Ruchy miejskie w Polsce. W obronie wartości czy interesów? 14 October 2021
- SocjoPercepcja pt. Ruchy miejskie w Polsce. W obronie wartości czy interesów? 24 September 2021
- SocjoPercepcja vol. 16: Strajki kobiet w małych miastach 11 January 2021
- Spotkanie SocjoPercepcji pt. Jaka matka, taka córka? Międzypokoleniowe doświadczanie kobiecości 10 December 2020
- (Polski) XVI Międzynarodowe Seminarium z cyklu „Metodologia badań systemów społecznych” 5 December 2018
- (Polski) Cykl spotkań: SocjoPercepcja 30 August 2018